View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 22:27   #33
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
Re: Britain tops world human rights abuses: Amnesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
so?

Amnesty International has published these reports. If he's giving it credibility, then he's also giving credibility to the other reports issued regarding his own country, for example Guantanamo.

Also, why the hell did people start criticizing the US in this thread?

This is about the UK being a bad country. Stick to the topic and discuss that, or open another one where you say how bad the US has been (and we all know it's bound to be a good, long discussion, with plenty to say).

Moreover, why is everyone dismissing these reports? Has Amnesty International been biased before?
People are criticising the US because they believe it to have been the perpertrator of far more (apparent) human rights abuses than the UK, and yet the article put forward the prospect that the UK is the greatest abuser of human rights in the world.

You also seem to have missed the point of my post. You asked why we were unhappy with this post of Texans. I answered this. You didnt ask how credible the article was or why texan posted the article. So don't 'so?' me, Flavius!