View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2010, 20:14   #20
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all
Re: A take on integrating randoms into Buddypacks

12 random gals are currently in top 30 galaxys.

10 random gals are in bottom 30 .

total random gals: 28. I think random gals are doing better than the threadstarter thought they would

I for one have started in a random gal and i must say it has been my best round in ages, playing with noobs yes, but when u are able to teach them you can have quantity that can match quality!

if only 3/4 of the gal is active, you still have 18 ppl x 3 fleets which surely can match a priv gal of 8. I see no reason to think that random gals are the gals that get beat more often than private gals do.

Ofcourse, this is mainly due to alliances focussing more on eachother than on roid accumulation. But thats how rounds evolve, and i think it works great for random gals who get late joiners etc.

To add to that: a random gal is the perfect place for a player who's new or returning from years ago to try it again. They gotta get hooked to PA, and when they join a channel they should immediately see at least some ppl online who they can chat with. I spoke to quite a few new players and they became more active because they were helped by the first ppl he met in IRC.

activity will be rewarded with more activity. I started in my gal with only 3 ppl online, had to create galchannel and get ppl to vote for GC, get ppl who know the game to stay and help out and teach noobs how IRC works and what alliances to join. All so much more fun than being with 8 ppl u know for rounds already

sorry for my somewhat unstructured post, but I just wanted to let the ppl who are still in a priv gal know how it can be in a random one, and to let the universe know that random isnt as bad as it may look at all , if u care about the community more than u care about personal rank then random gal is the way towards great fun

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote