Thread: Travelling
View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 19:12   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Travelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
San Diego is very cool. You could stay there for a couple of weeks no problem. I'd personally not spend more than a day or two in Los Angeles. It's a dump but i suppose still go there so you can say you've seen it. Depending on what time of year it is you might not want to spend too long in San Fransisco. The weather can be a bit shit. If you're going to Las Vegas you might as well get a sight seeing trip to the Grand Canyon whilst you're there. Also if you're in California a trip to Yosemite national park might be a good idea.
The only real reason I wanted to go to San Diego was to see the zoo. I wasn't planning to spend much time there. There don't seem to be any real attractions. Though a couple of days looking around might be ok.

As for LA, I wasn't too keen on it either. Then I looked up the tours of the Hollywood studios and that seemed cool in a "I'm such a tourist" kind of way. I think there are a couple of interesting museums too. Not planning to stay too long though.

I'll definitely be going to the Grand Canyon. Possibly the Hoover Dam too. I had a look at Yosemite and I'm not too sure about that. For one thing it's a couple hundred miles away from San Francisco so it's a bit out the way. Plus I'm not a big nature fan. Depends on time scales really.

A problem with the US bit is that another mate of mine wants to come with me for that. Problem is he only wants to go for 2 weeks. So I was thinking maybe meet him in LA after doing San Diego myself, then cram the rest in 2 weeks. I was planning to rent a car and drive to San Francisco from LA as that's supposed to be a very nice drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi
Well, once you're in South America you could also visit the caribbean/central america, e.g. Panama (Panama Canal!) or Costa Rica as its pretty close and really nice there. From Costa Rica, Mexico and some Caribbean islands flights to Europe are rather cheap, too.
Central America is a possibility. My parents went to Costa Rica a few years ago and they said it was cool. I haven't done any real research on it though so I'll do that and see what I think.

I'm not really up for the Caribbean. I've been to Cuba and Puerto Rico before and nowhere else really appeals. I mean, what's left? Jamaica? No thanks. Mexico I'm not too keen on either, though I might look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi
One tip would be to make sure to get visum documents ready for where you need them (china?), sometimes getting this stuff can take a while.
Yeah, can't leave it too late. Strangely enough even us Brits need a visa to go to India so I should really make my mind up soon wether I want to be in the trip from the start. At first I didn't like the idea of going to India for over a month but people who've been there say it's amazing.