View Single Post
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 14:50   #16
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Stanley "Tookie" Williams (hey dda!)

in general i agree with dante. i used to oppose it on foreign policy grounds; "it's-wrong-to-torture-people-but-it's-okay-to-kill-them" seeming like a tough sell. but anymore what we're saying is "it's-wrong-to-torture-people-but-it's-okay-to-torture-people" and the death penalty thing seems silly.

i still think it's morally wrong, but even with respect to our prison system, it's hard to justify it as a high priority issue. Last year there were on the order of 50 executions and on the order of 1,000,000 rapes.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote