View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2008, 00:54   #17
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about
Re: give us it back !

We shouldn't let the actions of a minority change a feature that will hurt the majority who use it properly.

Yes it can be abused to prevent your planet being roided when you get prelaunch incomings, but there is a cost already of 72 ticks where you cannot do anything and as Benneh pointed out this is far more significant than being roided, 72 ticks without any resources and ability to attack or defend is a huge disadvantage and its actually stupid to go into vac mode to avoid incs.

If you changed it as Mist suggests, it would just hurt those who use it properly. I myself tend to go camping every couple of months over the weekend, and a couple rounds back I had the situation where I was going away for the weekend, the Friday I was heading off I had prelaunch incs on my jgp and in a couple of hours I would have no internet access, under Mist's suggested system my whole round would have ended because I wouldn't have been able to run my fleet if I went into vacation mode and thus I would have lost my whole fleet and all my roids.

Leave the system as is, the cost of vacation mode far outweighs the benefits for those who use it for the wrong reason.