Thread: Lib Dems
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 18:52   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lib Dems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASG
But if neither of the two main parties have it as a manifesto pledge and the only party to offer it also wants to raise taxes, then it's a bit of a bind.

Also, it's more democratic, which makes their opinion less significant.
I'm aware you already have a third party but I'm talking about a new movement altogether! Apples and oranges instead of apples, apple pie and apple tart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If the UK used PR then we'd have a permanent Labour/Lib Dem coalition in place since no party would ever get an absolute majority of the vote.
I like your use of the word ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
That 22% figure is based on turnout as well. I'm not sure if you realised this - I assume you did but it makes your disenfrancisement comment seem a little strange. I don't disagree from the point of view that FPTP is grossly unfair in the sheer number of wasted votes, but 40% is equally damning.
Nah, I didn't actually consider that. Regardless there's going to be a large proportion of the population searching for an alternative which offers them more of a "voice". Actually I just looked at the election results for 2005 and it doesn't really look like there is.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 26 Feb 2008 at 18:58.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote