Thread: Ancient history
View Single Post
Unread 1 Sep 2010, 22:50   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congratulations NFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Just because the original argument wasn't yours doesn't make it any less arbitrary, unless we hold the person who said it to have some kind of legitimacy in setting what the boundaries of any comparison should be.
I think it's fairly safe to say that most of the sane members of this forum who aren't on bile-spewing rants against me right now because I almost managed to get them some incoming worthy of the name this round would recognise that the first sixteen rounds of planetarion are a pretty contiguous group. Of course it's arbitrary in the sense that any dividing line is arbitrary. It's quite clear he's saying that in his experience of planetarion rounds every winning alliance indulged in some betrayal. No, whether or not that is true is obviously up for debate, but alliances did in games which weren't planetarion is not relevant*.

Quote:
Further more, that wasn't his original statement, but a second-hand qualification of his statement,
No, it wasn't. The only other vaguely related post he has in the thread talks about blocking and divide and conquer (actually lok says this bit) in pre-pax rounds. Which isn't anything to do with "betrayal".

Quote:
more of an admission of ignorance of anything which happened beyond the limits of his active playing career rather than trying to proclaim nothing else was valid fodder for discussion.
Of course it's not the be all and end all. I'm sure there are plenty of irrelevant and totally uninteresting things you could tell me about ********. Maybe even someone would enjoy reading them. But randomly interjecting about ******** into a line of discussion that's explicitly not about ********. Not exactly on the ball.

Quote:
I'm at a loss as to what to advice you to do, as clearly I'm already communicating with you in your own language. Perhaps get someone to translate it into drunken Irish mumblings?
Swallowing your pride and accepting the fact you're wrong and probably hadn't even remembered kjeldoran's initial post until I pointed it out again would be a start. But don't worry. I'm not holding my breath here.