View Single Post
Unread 25 Dec 2003, 15:17   #10
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: Thoughts for Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
The thing is that this game is not the EXTREMELY fun game as it once was without at least 20k players, so what is needed to make this game as fun as it once was PA needs to get about 15k new players and those amounts will not get without making it free.
It might be able to keep on running the game as p2p but it will never be a good business (if we trust Spinner about how many payers needed to make it go around) and the comunity will keep on shrinking untill it maybe reach an equilibrium.

If Jolt wants to keep PA and maybe have a chance to earn money from having it they MUST make it free and look for alternative ways to earn money.
I don't say that its posible to earn money from making it free but its the only option, so either they simply just close PA down or they make it free.
But well I have told that to HQ and Jolt for some rounds now and it seems like they just want to trow more good money after bad investments so I don't think there is much hope.

cbk
well, its not exactly like that....i said in some other tread already that with the alliance limitations (yea yea wakey, we could cut it down to 100 ) the game already could be much more fun with lets say 4k planets. or r8 numbers would be really hell of fun, even if we wont ever reach that again.

4 k planets, random, alliance limitations to 150 or 100. that would be in best case 40 alliances with 100 members or around 26 with 150 members - i think that would rock.

(20 k as you said is of course the best of the best)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote