Thread: Mo Mowlam Dead
View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 18:20   #74
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Mo Mowlam Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawn
How on earth can you possibly justify penalising people who do less well at university? If this idea were to be instated we would create an entirely new educational underclass of people who were unwilling to attend university due to the possibility of them paying full fees as a result.
there are already people unwilling to go to uni because of fees and debt, this system may convince some of the smarter ones to go, and the less intelligent to stay away, which isn't a bad thing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawn
Do you propose the contribution from said underachievers be the same as the current maximum tuition fee contribution? Or that they pay the *full* whack, which is considerably more than any current student or their parents are ever expected to pay. Your idea is BS tbh.
I'm not sure about exactly how much people should pay, but something along the lines of:
first: £0,
2:1: £500-800, ie a fixed price somewhere in that range,
2:2: £1000-1500, dependant on what the standard price is,
fail/drop out:£1700-2000.
all of this is per year, so if someone drops out after 2 years they pay somewhere around £4000.