View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2007, 12:33   #55
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Spending £30m on a player who scores 4 goals in 22 games (and 8 sub appearances) 2 of which were against the mighty teams of Watford and Shef Utd, isn't a good investment.
3 goals in Europe, 3 goals in the FA Cup (1 each against Forest and Norwich), and 3 in the League cup (2 against Wycombe(!)) just shows that you haven't had a decent return.
I didn't say it was a good investment, but Chelsea have seen far worse in recent years. the four strikers I named didn't get that many between them, so this could have been far worse.

Quote:
There's no way you can claim he's had an "ok" season. He's been a flop.
He has been a flop when you think what was expected of him. But as the season has gone on he has been getting better and we'll se how it goes next year, if he he remains. If you look at Drogba, everyone was slagging him off until this season when he finaled adapted to the game and has been invaluable. true Sheva doesn't have time on his side but then again he is a world-class striker.

[quote]And at £30m he's been the biggest flop the world has ever seen.[quote]

I think Veron might have something to say about that.

Quote:
Next season he may prove us wrong, but his first season in the premiership has left a lot to be desired.
I would suggest that buying a striker from a League 1 side for £500,000 would probably get you a similar goal return in a team like Chelsea anyway.
Except that that striker is probably at the top of his game and it can only go downhill. I still believe Shva has the potential to set the Premiership alight.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote