View Single Post
Unread 15 Jul 2007, 11:58   #48
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Large Alliances ruin PA for everybody else

<------- Returning Player, 2 days out of protection

.2 cents
VVVVVV

The changes made to planetarion have not made the game complex do not kid yourselves. The game may be more complex relative to b4, but the changes have not resulted in a complex game.

I for one find the changes have made the game 1 hundred squillion times better than the last time i played (the round just b4 xmas 2006). Gj pa team I hope your ambition to evolve this game remains undiminished by the '1337's' who are too busy reminiscing about the past to see past the end of their own noses.

As to alliances - Everybody can agree that to be successful, you need to be active. To be active on PA you have to (or have been forced to ) sacrifice your responsibilites as a human being to be successful in the things in life that count. Due to this, and again do not kid yourselves here for I do not suffer fools gladly, the people who can provide the activity this game needs, are failing / have failed to find success in the real world. Humans are entirely predictable creatures and we all have the desire and fire to be recognised and respected so thus, its only natural that the communities that form of active cores will need a recognised and respected rank over and above the need for fun in the game. You find your fun in the community and the prestige you cannot gain from life within the game.

No amount of tweaking of any of the games features or systems will change the simple fact that the active players you require to run a game all need to be seen to be successful to fulfill their subconscious egotistical desires. The new guys will allways get raped, the big planets will always seek out planet naps, and the big alliances will always be SCARED to duke it out mano a mano.

Due to this, the expanded features are required to maintain the little guys interest. PA was a mind numbingly boring game without the changes that have been made, and to a large extent it still is. Hopefully further changes pa team have in the pipeline will go some way to eradicate the fundamental problems of maintaining interest for the duration of a round (and hopefully several rounds)

Once more do not be clowned, those who have stuck with pa stick here for the community not the game. It is the game itself which needs to be upgraded and made more interesting over and above:-

find target
get scan
launch
defend if needed

Disclaimer:-

I am not here to be your friend and I am not here to brown nose you. I will point out and debate the core of a discussion even if they offend you or your self idolised views of yourself as a person so feel free to attack me if you feel I have included or summed you up as a person and that view differs from the persona you try to project over the internet to cover up your own failings and insecurities. Defend yourself if you feel you must, but I will only respond to logical and well thought out comments relevant to the topic so how much of your own time you want to waste arguing how great you truly are is up to you. I have not posted any of my views to flame. It is simple truth and sometimes truth offends.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote