Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2014, 21:38   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
This is extremely silly, and I think the reply emanates that you haven't played this game for a long time. There is usually 1 late start spot available, and if you want to do an exile tactics then you'll typically have many more people failing to get in. There is no safety net for the majority of those people, and they accept that.
Of course. Most people don't have the connections to sign up late in a galaxy where they can init and get defense. So instead, they either late sign into a galaxy where they don't get defense, which nullifies the low value advantage, or they don't late sign at all. That's why I want it gone.

Quote:
The main issue here is that you want everyone to rely on luck.
Correct. I'd rather have randomness than the strict segregation we have now, where only a handful of people can ever get gal wins.

Quote:
I think you know this would kill the game, so going to ignore it.
Incorrect. Don't ignore it.

Quote:
If you think that we should ruin the game for half the planets in uni to avoid a few galaxies sitting at top then jealousy has risen to a new level.
I think we should fix the game for half the planets in the game, to avoid these few galaxies taking one of the three possible wins every round.

The jealousy bit conflicts with the "you don't play" bit, by the way.

Quote:
You can all whine about superBP's, but the fact is that they are known usually after 100 ticks or less and each and every one of you could make an effort to stop them but didn't. Stop waiting for the game to fix something that can easily be fixed by the players.
What I want is for the game to encourage behaviour that is ultimately good for the community, and by that I mean for the long term growth of the player base. Right now, the choice is between doing good for yourself, by exiling newbies, and doing good for the game, keeping newbies and educating them so they'll do better next round. I don't blame you for picking the former, but that choice should not be forced on players in the first place.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote