Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2008, 18:06   #80
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
As to Palin in particular, I admire those who have the courage of their convictions. Even knowing she was going to have a child with a serious flaw she didn't compromise her beliefs for expediency. I will take that quality in a leader even if I don't necessarily agree 100% with all of their stances.
This is short-sighted in the extreme. What is far more important than the decision itself is the thought that went into making it. Did she weigh the decision carefully, balancing all the pros and cons, or did she automatically follow the direction of her church without independent consideration? One of these would be a very, very bad quality in the leader of the most powerful nation of the planet. Which, let's face it, she is only one more face cancer away from should her ticket be elected. Given Ms. Palin's views on similar subjects which are more in the public domain I have very serious doubts.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote