Thread: Round 25: stats
View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2007, 10:21   #47
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
Re: Round 25: stats

5 races, 2 attack fleets each, 3 travel times, 6 classes of ship.

That makes 10 attack fleets fleets in total.
This does not make balancing easy.
Logically, it doesn't make sense.

4 solutions:

if you reduced the number of classes to 5 it would work easier (2 AFs per class)

if you increased the number of races to 6 it'd work easier (2 AFs per class)

if you forced every race to have one AF the same (e.g. FR) and spread the other 5 classes between the races - it'd work easier (all races have FR, each race has their specific AF per class, easier to balance)

if you reduced the number of races to 4 and gave each race 3 AF's it'd be easier (12 AF's spread over 6 classes = 2 per class)

combat solutions.

having low armour low cost ships makes for epic battles. but losses are high again now that you've reintroduced multi-targeting. I'd suggest we go back to the double digit APC DPC ratings as opposed to the (x10) ratings we've had for the last couple of rounds. (i.e. losing 200 battleships means more than a shrug)

emp critical failure is a must, or EMP cannot stay as a seperate class (and cath should be dropped or somehting)

my 2 cents
- tux

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote