Thread: Round 25: stats
View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2007, 20:50   #33
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Re: Round 25: stats

First of all my complements to Appocomaster for starting new stats and making them only a little bit unbalanced. I feared it would be much worse. It generally is when new stats are created.

Terran
I don’t think Terran are extremely weak, just not as good as Xan and Zik. If those are changed then Terrans don’t need lots of changing.
I would change the Harpy. It is just too weak. No experienced player will build them even if his alliance tells him to. Only noobs build them, so give the noobs a break. For instance upgrade the armor with a few points to bring it in line with the other Terran ships.
Also I would increase the damage of Terran pods. They have the worst pods. Terrans fall behind at the start. Pods are a significant part of the fleet at the start, but that share decreases as you build bigger fleets, so I would make my improvement here.

Cathaar
Cathaar - as everybody knows - have too many enemies. Make the Scorpion a kill ship and you cover the fi and co class (+ Cathaar Fr). That would significantly improve playability for a Cathaar.
I think another weakness is that cathaar need their T2 for roiding, which now is only 60% effective. For other races this is less important but cathaar realy need to stun everything. Other races just need to kill enough with their T1 to make the other guy decide to run. Xan is historically a Cathaar’s main target, but emping Xan fi and Spectres with your T2 is just too much to ask. This makes Cathaar easy prey and easier to cover. To compensate Cathaar would need slightly more emp capability in their attack ships, which for unknown reason are now among their least efficient ships.

Xan+Zik
Xandathrii are very strong offensively. I would just tweak some of their best ships a bit.
Same for the Zikonian race although their strength is not in their attack fleets, it's the simple fact that you need to deal with so many classes, because zik can have all sorts of ships. This makes it very hard to hit ziks, especially with a weakened T2 and T3. As a Cathaar you cannot emp a zik that stole Terran ships, especially not if it is in different classes. So tweak them a bit and hope it's enough.

Eitraides
Etd are unpopular, but because of their impopularity it is hard to get a good idea on how weak they realy are. I have a feeling they are not that weak at all. They mainly need to get a more colourfull fleet. To make the Eitraides more colorfull I propose changing the normal ships to being more Terran-like, the emp-ships to being more Cathaar-like etc.
The first and main change would be to make the Voyager a real cloaked Xan ship. Its good initiative is its main characteristic, so it would make sense to turn it into a Xan ship. This will give the Etd a lot more options for faking and thus make it a more interesting race. Make it cloaked, give it a bit more fire power at the expense of armor and emp resistance.
Similar to real Terran ships, the Investor should get more armor and emp resistance in exchange for some damage. The Broker also deserves a bit more armor and emp resistance.
I would boost the emp efficiency of the Vendor by making it a bit cheaper at the expense of armor and emp resistance.

Last edited by Gerbie2; 12 Dec 2007 at 21:01.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote