Thread: R31 shipstats
View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 09:10   #494
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R31 shipstats

LordN: EMP tends to suck if caths don't have a way to at least kill something. As a rule of thumb, being able to kill 2 classes pretty well is a good thing, so they 'only' have to deal with EMPing 4.

Caths who build DE will be really tough to hit with CR/BS and those who build FI will be really tough to hit with FI/CO. That's intentional.

However, your idea of a cath who's able to have an awesome stun/kill anti CR/BS fleet and a great FI fleet isn't going to be that common. The planet will have to split their resources across 5 ships (Beetle, recluse, locust, black widow, scorpion) which is pretty thin by anyone's standards. Especially when your only anti DE is the recluse so you need a load of that, and the beetle is really important so you need a load of that and you're still vulnerable to FR/DE because you only stun it.

EDIT: on ship prices. I expected the usual thing to be done, where the resource ratios are automatically done by the game. Apparently they haven't been (although I can't see it hurting if appoco was to press the button now). That said, the 3 resources are archaic and should be done away with anyway, so I don't really care :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote