View Single Post
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 23:36   #35
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I got it right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I think that's pretty harsh.

Omen did the right thing hitting Asc out of the gate. It showed a level of commitment and sensibility I've not seen for a while. They also did a pretty good job of pinning Asc down.

Unfortunately they just clearly weren't of Asc's quality (too many crashers etc).
That's just it though, they REALLY stopped trying as soon as it became obvious that they weren't going to win.

But yes, I'll concede that if it weren't for Omen then Asc would have won this A LOT sooner. Hitting Asc from the word go isn't exactly worthy of praise though.

To be honest, after the last 2 rounds everyone should have been at Asc's throat trying to do more to prevent them from getting any kind of a foothold. The fact that more people didn't take this initiative deserves criticism; it doesn't neccessarily mean Omen deserve praise.

Omen came in to this round with the aim of winning. Things didn't work out too well for them, they got fought off by Asc and essentially gave up.

I can't make up my mind who's been the better alliance out of NewDawn or Omen. Omen for their hard work early on (even though they later gave up the fight) or NewDawn for making it this far and STILL being at war with Asc. NewDawn REALLY screwed up their politics though by not focusing on the long-game. They made an arrangement with Asc which put them in a round-winning position. Long-term though, in the process of seeing out their arrangement with Asc, they burnt all the bridges with the two alliances that they really NEEDED in order to help secure the victory.

Conspiracy have been a little disappointing as a LOT of crashes saw them throw away any chance they had of winning. I can't fault them for not wanting to help NewDawn win at this stage, but I predict there'll be a lot of inter-alliance bitching at the end of the round over who's 'fault' it was for letting Asc win.

You know what I'd really like to see come the end of this round? Concession posts from alliance leaders/members. Some "I could have done this differently" or "if we'd have done this differently, that might not have happened". Humility is far more admirable than obstinence.

Personally, I really really really wish I hadn't crashed more value in one day than I'd even managed to accrue in total over previous rounds :P I'm sure I'd have been far more use had I actually had ships to def with!

That said though, whilst people are claiming/laying blame left right and center, I would like to echo sentiments found elsewhere on the forums congratulating Ascendancy on their victory. It should be plain sailing from here on in, but you worked fecking hard to get to where you are, so well done.