Thread: Lib Dems
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 20:08   #35
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lib Dems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I like your use of the word ever.
I'll rephrase: if we continue have more than two parties attracting more than 15-20% of the vote, as per our current situation, it strikes me as being rather unlikely that a single party will attain 50% of the vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Nah, I didn't actually consider that. Regardless there's going to be a large proportion of the population searching for an alternative which offers them more of a "voice". Actually I just looked at the election results for 2005 and it doesn't really look like there is.
Most of the electorate are so used to FPTP that they just don't know what the alternatives are. It's not a pressing issue since no party that's actually in power (with the advantages for the biggest party that FPTP brings) will move to a system where they won't have control.

The Lib Dems advocate PR but that's because it would double their number of MPs. Labour used to advocate PR during the Thatcher/Major years....look what happened when they got into power. The issue was quietly dropped by the time of the 2001 election.