View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2007, 11:36   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: influence on religion (past and present) on today's non-religious society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Yes, this is my point. It has been constructed with as greatest influence religion. Religion has always influenced history to a great extent in the past. And everybody just accepted them for being good, as that's what people do in most religions. Accept things that can't be/aren't explained for being correct (free will?). I would like to think that there's one rule in religion that kind of guides all other rules. "Don't do to others what you don't want to be done to yourself". And I still think this rule applies, but what if it didn't? The whole moral construct would come tumbling down, wouldn't it?
I entirely disagree that that's the one rule in religion, or even that there is a rule across all religions. Given the intolerance demonstrated and fighting which has occurred it really doesn't make sense to claim that's the single rule for religion (unless you want to say all religions propose that rule but largely then it becomes evident that "do unto others..." precedes religion.

Quote:
Silly question, but I kind of wonder what would happen if the whole moral construct would break down.
Altho I must comment on the "silly question" part that it's not because it appears silly at the moment, that it will not happen in the future.
Morality doesn't just break down. It's not "working" in the first place so to speak of it breaking down is nonsense. What you could say is that someone has a moral nature well outside the normal human plane. If you want ideas for what would happen then I'd advise looking at historical figures who have had a very different moral sense to their contemporaries.