View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2007, 15:53   #3
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
Re: influence on religion (past and present) on today's non-religious society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I dislike the way religion has made people think it's morally wrong to be promiscuous or polygamous
I like that signature after that post of yours
-----------------------------------------------------

As to the topic:

Religion, in fact, is such an important and complex part of human history, and society in general, its REALLY hard to judge it, because its almost impossible to evaluate how it affected humankind over the period of thouthands of years... I cannot say there were no beneficial sways either (calendar ! we still live and measure our years as B.C (before christ for those who do not know, if any) and A.D. (Anno Domini. Invented by, i believe, Dionysius to count easters, afaik) And everywhere we look, there is influence of religion, good and bad, on our everyday life. Things like Marriage, Code of Laws, even days of week (we dont work Sundays for a reason, you know[yay religion !]) are CLOSELY tied to religion.
As much as we can never forget sacreligious violence it brought. As religion considered to be adamant and reluctant to be changed, any stray from religoin is persecuted with upmost violence. And when two religions collide, more likely then none, it brings war. From days of tribes following different primal gods, to nowadays september 11th.

Personally, i have deep faith in the fact that religion is just a bunch of bullshit feelgood stories. And my faith in that is stronger then any other religious man (or woman), as i have a simple advantage on my hand. Logic. Throughout THAT many years people had been searching for god and, hey, they STILL have not found a single one.

I realized too long ago that conversations about religion dont end up in nothing actually positive (aside from entertaining conversation). Someone usually end up hating you another downfall of religion (i guess coming back to unacceptance of different views) is that its not flexible enough to allow people form their OWN views on the topic, only dictated what and how to say it. And even that is understandable, as if religious people would be allowed to form their own oppinion on religion, they would end up loosing faith in it most likely due to absence of proof.

And btw: Lucky coincedences are not accepted as a proof of Divine Intervention... I am sickened by people of religion using misfortune of someone and their break and giving tribute for it to "God"

I am waiting for travler's reply hee tho... He will proove my point that no matter what u say to a man of religion, u cannot make him see logic behind anyone's words
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote