View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 01:32   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Whats the stupidest argument you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Yeah but they're usually along the lines of 'cows have human feelings don't hurt them' etc.
No this is wrong. Many environmentalist, ecologists, etc will admit that feeding grain to cattle and then eating the cattle is a huge energy inefficiency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
I haven't heard of any environmental nutters calling for the slaughter of cows to help the earth, and if there is no meat/dairy production i really can't see the point in cows since they don't exist in the wild anymore.
You know, I usually like your posts but not in this thread, my suggestion is to read more about it. Reducing the amount of cattle is not just about arguments for humane treatment. Calorie counters will give you the numbers, they're pretty shocking, as is most of the bullshit that we try to ignore when it comes to the environment (loss of areable land, nutrients being washed into the ocean, the fact that the marine environment is massively overfished, etc). It is a pretty dire situation, a whole shit load of 'inconvient truth'.