View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2009, 09:18   #30
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Some further observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
Thanks for your interesting reply. I certainly didn't mean to make out that the old way of doing things was better. I was really reflecting on the times when I was a BC. Back in thoose days we tended to hit multiple galaxies rather than wave one galaxy. The only time we did waving was during alliance wars. The only real reason I brought up multi tick attack/defence was that it felt like it was around the time of that change that the trend moved more towards waving.

Also my main concern isn't about what happens once a player has got into an alliance - the key thing here is allowing players to stay interested and survive long enough to actually join an alliance.
Nowadays with the higher alliance limits the members are spread further across the universe. We as an ally (and a few others) don't hit galaxys with alliance members in, so we find ourselves not being able to hit a lot of the universe. More often than not we end up hitting the same gals every few days and we cant really 1 wave 4-5 gals due to this as we'd be hitting the same gals every night.

Some alliances even go as far as to 3, 4 and in extreme cases 5 wave targets which i disagree with. unfortunately our alliance rules, in tandem with PA limits in effect make it impractical for us to do anything other than multi wave.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote