View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2009, 22:37   #25
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Some further observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
Cut down maximum cap per tick - i.e. 3 tick attack gets you same number of roids as current 1 tick attack.
Yes, you mean like pre r10. 15% per tick was deemed to be ~ the same (though you're totally ignoring all the extra pressure on ships having to last for 3 ticks not 1, and all the subsequent modifications to ship stats, etc)

Quote:
next point is - if you have a free tick attack your fleet may not be back in time for you to prelaunch the next night.
This results in the alliances having less fleets available to attack, meaning multi-waving is harder. (note it probabaly wouldn;t be harder for the hardcore alliances who don;t prelaunch - so this only cuts out the lower tier alliances multiwaving).
Most people choose the same launch times.
10 ticks there
10 ticks back
3 ticks attacking
=23 ticks.
So you're ok. If you don't prelaunch.
If you do prelaunch, you'll be forced to pick a lower ETA fleet - probably Fi/Co for less active planets - which will save you 4 ticks, and allow you to launch at e.g. 2-4 GMT. I don't see why you want to harm the smaller alliances more than the bigger alliances, who will piggy back the earlier LTs and take advantage of less defence in the window before galaxies 'wake up' though

Trying to change the 1 attack/day possibility for players is futile, and will only severely irritate already overworked DCs/BCs and possibly drop alliance activity in those alliances that are already struggling.

Quote:

So say this does cut down multi waving, it also cuts down attacking effectiveness and makes defence easier. That probabaly makes the game boring... as attacking is fun.

I'm not actually sure there is a good way of preventing people loosing their fleets and keeping attacking fun.
Your multi tick attack is 3x as hard on ships, and makes bashing 3x more powerful OR makes defence even harder. You seem to be wanting players to lose more, and to force more piggying.

I think the most important points are:
a) creating more targets (which I believe can only be done by attracting more semi active players or by making more (better) bot planets)
b) allowing the option in the missions page to change your fleet to fight / not fight. It obviously makes any sort of fleet catching harder
c) increasing salvage more for smaller players (and probably generally a slight increase after this round's drop).