View Single Post
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 18:06   #5
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Afraid of Muslims?.

I think the subsequent fear after this attack is greater than other terrorist attacks because the bombers were british citizens. In 9/11 the bombers were of afghan origin and were not permanent residents in the US. This is more akin to when the IRA were planting bombs on mainland Britain. It's the fear that a person could look perfectly normal but could turn on their own soceity.
But the signals that an attack from within our own country have been clear for a long time. The Guantanamo Bay detainees who were fighting against our own troops in afghanistan proved that some misguided muslims do not believe they are part of this country at all. That is what I believe scares people, that the next attackers will more than likely already be here.

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote