View Single Post
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 20:57   #105
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road
Re: Support planet rule

People still cheat, it's just not the kind of multi-stuff we used to see. Back in the day everyone had their own planet for scans, two or three for attacking with and a host of farms across the universe. I don't think people do that anymore.

These days, farming only really happens when someone deletes their planet so they can late start in a fortress. They let their buddies roid the planet out before they delete it. They might also start their new planet before the old one is gone. Also, at the end of the round, the crap planets leave tag, split their ships into three easily beatable fleets and crash on one of the ziks in their alliance.

It's cheap, but it doesn't really affect the credibility of the entire round. It just makes the planet rankings meaningless, at least at the very top. I don't really believe most of the huge top ten ziks got their beetles and xan fleets legitimately. I guess I don't know how much I care either. I wasn't going to be in the top 10 anyway, and two hours after the round is over, no one remembers who won.

Besides, if you're cheating so you can win an internet game with no prize for the winner, you might need to reevaluate how you measure your self-worth.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote