View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 16:38   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Phone Contract Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Anyway, I'm 3 months into my 18 months contract and they said I can only downgrade after 9 months and I can ONLY downgrade to a £40 a month contract and NO LOWER.

Can I oppose this? What gift of the gab can I say to make them lower it? Can I request to downgrade before this 9 month period?

Thanks guys.
Basically, no, nothing and no.

It's stated in the terms & conditions that you can only downgrade after the 9 months period.

Whether it says that you can't go lower than £40 a month is something I do not know. They should have made it clear to you at the beginning prior to agreeing on the contract IF it is part of the deal/T&C of that particular deal/handset. If they didn't tell you that then, by common law (I think), you have a broken contract on their behalf.

Handsets are so expensive nowadays that networks don't allow tariff downward migration until a certain point (in which case, 9 months or above) simply to cover for the cost of the "free" handset.

Count yourself lucky. Three don't allow you to downgrade at all. If you insisted, you'd have to pay £25 one tariff step down at a time (every month).
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote