View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:30   #163
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
That said I guess people like me are in a position to do something about it.
Grrrr. I was expecting to be flamed and shouted at for my posts, since I've not I'll put on my neutral-hat The other alliances can also do something about it - ie admit the ascendancy model is the best, and use it (with some modifications, eg hcs still having final say on a lot of things, or whatnot - would be really shit if every alliance was an asc-replica). That might help stem the flow of players joining ascendancy for the "lifestyle".

But people don't do that, probably cos they refuse to admit the asc-model is the best (and ok it isn't the best for just one round in my opinion, but for long term high performance .... come on hcs wake up!). I mentioned in another thread that, for example, omen infuriated me in limitting a lot of munin's functionality. In my opinion the gain in keeping some intel secret for a few days was no where near worth how annoyed some members were about it. Nor the waste in the techy's time But not only that, the hc/officers refused to adopt "the asc-way" in lots of ways (secrecy, elite bgs, the defence system, etcetc) - but in other ways did use the asc-model. They were neither one thing (~exi) nor the other (~asc) and the result was pretty shit.

I would be pretty annoyed if I was you, and had created a novel alliance on principles that most people thought were "shit", while you advised other alliances to do the same and even made your tools (or irc tools) opensource. They didn't want to. 5-10 rounds later you're by far the best alliance and those other alliances are kinda forcing you to change.

On a final note, and a bit unrelated to the garbage above, I think it should be something pa team does to level the playing field. For example, say you decided to only have 90 ppl + munin added to #ascendancy and you lose next round because of <whatever reasons> - r33 you might well decide to open recruitment properly again, especially if #asc loses a lot of fun people.

Like FIFA/UEFA's plans aren't targetted directly at the top teams (eg, limitting non-eu players per team - will harm all teams, but hopefully the top ones the most). Limitting alliances tags to 40 or 50 would impact every alliance a lot, but hopefully the best alliances the most...

Oh and also, you yourself making ascendancy a worse alliance to help the universe is no different really than you being #1 end of this round and kicking people out so that xvx win. They won't exactly feel like they deserved it
newt is offline   Reply With Quote