View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2016, 16:43   #59
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: r66 - The Random One

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
PA remains a group activity if focused on alliances rather than galaxies. Indeed a random galaxy would be playing as a group just as much as a bp (possibly more so - no more being condescending to the randoms, giving them ultimatums etc). Simply how that group functions and needs to be managed would change. The challenge to organise an effective galaxy would be greater, but does that make it a lesser group activity?
If PA pros keep finding themselves faced with galmates who **** up at the drop of a hat, they're less likely to bother cultivating a relationship with them. When you depend on someone and are let down, that's more harmful than never depending on them in the first place. You could lose your entire fleet that way, rather than just a wave of roids.

Additionally, when there's less opportunity for long-term cooperation (ie, more than 7 weeks), there's less to be gained from educating newbies. Mind you: less, not nothing.

Quote:
Sure I agree that it is demoralising having gal mates crashing and not reacting but I dont think that a change to random galaxies is going to increase the total number of crashes or inactive players. Someone is going to be demoralised in such a way, better to spread it around a bit! You are effectively coming back to the argument berten is making that the elite should not have to have their aristocratic noses suffer the great unwashed!
The number of crashes would remain the same. but the amount of frustration would increase, because in a random universe, the amount of interaction between crashers and non-crashers increases.

Quote:
I would be more for smaller galaxies as the answer for this rather than something that introduces a new set of problems; namely it would seem to make fi co a lot stronger compared to other fleets (always a potential problem already). We also need to remember that increasing gal def times to eta 6 would hit less active people disproportionately harder as they are the ones who are not up dcing at the initial eta 7-9 anyway. They need the galaxy safety net in a way that the elite do not.
These are both good points, and they would have to be taken into account.

As for Fi/Co, I've long been in favour of (and sometimes argued for) inverting hulls research, so that Fi/Co only has the TT advantage, Cr/Bs gains the research advantage, and Fr/De lies in the middle. This should've been done years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I think forcing allies/gals to teach new players is not the goal or right wording. Rewarding them is a better goal/wording them.
I agree. But reward them how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepys View Post
New players wont just sign up, land in a galaxy and apply to some alliance. They need guidance and help from their galaxy. Now most are being exiled when they are not in an alliance / or have a nick people don't recognize.
I think the game should do a better job of steering people towards joining an alliance. In addition to, not instead of.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote