View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2016, 15:38   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: r66 - The Random One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What you're missing in your recent posts is that PA is a group activity. In order to bring out the best in yourself, you need to be able to count on your galmates. Waking up in the middle of the night to DC incs is all fine and good, but if only a couple of people show up to send, that effort is wasted. Being careful with your fleets and never crashing them is much less rewarding if your galaxy mates crash right, left and center.

For 30+ rounds, we've been trying to prevent the concentration of skill, activity, availability, dedication, whatever you want to call it, in a handful of galaxies. We've done this because, well, well-oiled fortress galaxies are just so damn strong. The reasoning is, if only we could just make it so that people had a harder time creating virtual private galaxies, we can fix that! But that hasn't worked.

We know people fort because they need to in order to perform well (that's important to us) and because they think it's fun (that's important to them). We try to stop them because we're trying to create a more level playing field, where less well-connected players have a better chance of doing well. But maybe we've been looking at this all wrong. Maybe, instead of trying to prevent forting, we should just make galaxies weaker by making them less important. Increase ingal defense ETA by 1. That way, the ekseros and arcs in this world can play in galaxies together, and the rest of the universe doesn't have to suffer as a result.
Correct me if im wrong, but aint these "super galaxies" you are talking about, historicly, has been spreading their planets accross diffrent alliances to increase the def pool/decrease the incs?

Is there a forted gal that has been constantly been competing for #1 gal? I havnt checked yet myself, just wondering.

This "all random" debate i think is mostly, from my point of view, fueled by that every alliance out there going for forts result in very "boring politics" and a very time demanding game for all the players out there?

Or am i completely off here?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote