View Single Post
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 18:27   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Britain to be shot down and quarantined by the thought police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I am not saying it doesn't matter, I am saying of course there's no bloody reason. To assume otherwise, as I have suggested is inflating our importance somewhat. We are the result of random* occurences. Let's get over ourselves a moment and see how insignifcant we really are.

* = Random in the non-conscious sense of the word, not necessarily predictability or whatever.
We are the result of random occurrences, but the way the universe is set up seems to be geared towards the creation of intelligent life. I saw this on the channel 4 program about the universe about a year ago and have no further sources, if a scientist wants to set me right then feel free to do so. The conditions of the universe are set up to a terribly precise degree, and any deviation from these factors would not have allowed life to develop for a whole number of reasons. The particularly persuasive one was the dark matter "level" which was specific to a ridiculously tiny degree (to the power of something fairly big iirc).

This would suggest some kind of design to the universe, but the counter point is the multiverse theory, which seems to me to be just as much of a logical leap as assuming in the existence of some kind of higher power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I do not mean dishonest in the sense you are lying or trying to be evil. I mean you are hiding behind concepts like "possible" or words like "could". I mean, do you believe you have a thirty foot penis? "Well, what if it was cloaked and phased and didn't weigh any more than a regular sized penis....etc....". Obviously you can go down that route, but it's insanity. When you start saying "I'm an agnostic because God could exist" then you might as well say "I'm agnostic over the issue of having a thirty foot penis because it's possible that I could even though there's no evidence to support that position".
For the reasons i mentioned just above and for many other reasons (little things that have happened to me in my life, certain conclusions I have come to that I couldn't possibly repeat (Yes yes, i was on drugs sometimes)) I see it as FAR more likely, relatively speaking, that there is some kind of higher power than the odds of me having a 30 foot penis. Comparing the existence of God to stuff like that is an argument I'm very familiar with, and it proves absolutely nothing.

I dont see myself as hiding behind things like "could" and "might", I don't see it as insanity, it seems to my mind to be the only sensible path to take.

P.S whenever I have said God in this thread, I've assumed absolutely nothing about it's nature.

P.P.S I have a thirty foot penis.