View Single Post
Unread 27 May 2009, 15:27   #34
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: Relay scripts and more such nonsense

Either expl8t has lied in the past to people (myself included!) about how he comes across much of his information to try and sound.. dunno, cool.. or he actually did it.

That ofcourse doesn't mean that he's done it in every situation that people have accused him of (I just know he did it for report channels and fake nicks, in r24 - and I was more than happy to use his 'skills' - as many other people have (asc included), so really expl8t shouldn't get criticism for this. We'd all use him if we could).

But I'm sure plenty of people will think I'm lying here and will believe expl8t is innocent and ttoally wrongly accused. Its a bit like me going "i know elviz cheats, he told me and showed me how he did it!" - you either believe the story or you don't. Pretty sure there is no way to prove expl8t has done wrong, no matter how incredible his intel skills are.

Also has expl8t really done wrong? I personally don't think so... all part of the game (but a bit worrying he could find real-life-private-information, I know I've given my credit card info to mates to use on irc once or twice ).

edit: Sadly cos of expl8t's access he's always going to be accused of stuff too. I know when I was relaying the audentes priv channel, and was found, I accused expl8t of abusing his powers (he was in audentes, chatting about tech stuff that very day - eg how to go through a 2gb text file searching for lines and such - could have been irc.netgamers.org logs? ). Though aud hc have presented a way of finding me that didn't involve expl8t (either they're lying or CBA is.. [either cba gave away, or expl8t found the nick of, the bot I was using to relay]) ... I still suspect it was expl8t, mainly because aud hc also knew the channel it was being relayed into (Only person I was relaying to was CBA, and i know he was extremely careful when he passed on #aud.priv logs to most people, obviously not to aud hc though.... find that hard to believe!). Bit like wishmaster thinks it was expl8t last round probably.

Last edited by newt; 27 May 2009 at 16:11.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote