View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2009, 15:59   #11
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
You can use a blind relay, relay it into one channel with someone else there and relay it out through an entirely different person.
irc-ops/cservice/feds/people than own the server - can still find out who is relaying by this though! (by ips and/or tracking the trail back to the original relayer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Quite frankly its better to use DDE and just have 2 mircs with different DDE names, then it's nothing that can connect it to the one doing the relay anyway.
DDE suffers the same problem, although if your 2nd mirc is connected by a proxy (so not the same IP) - then you're in the clear! Only possible problem then is if you don't strip the logs properly.... or if hc randomly kick people to find out when the relay stops (or you disconnect, etc).

I'm thinking about making a website which parses logs sent to it, and uses a bot to spam them back to irc. The advantage here is that it can easily be coded so that many ppl can have the mirc-script turned on, the site will only accept each line once -> relayed back to irc just once, and hcs will struggle to find people by randomly kicking.

Problem is this is very easy to set up for jsut one relay, but hassle to set up user accounts for multiple usage (though not necessarily needed :/). Also, if say I ran the website, I'd have your IP and could cooperate with irc-ops to find the spy. So still not fullproof.

I think I'll do it though, bit of fun and learning a few new things
newt is offline   Reply With Quote