Thread: 3 ideas
View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2006, 23:24   #26
Flumps

Flumps is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 3 ideas

On point 1, no no no no and no. I am not against having x amount of fleet, although too many would just get stupid, as it doesnt affect the amount of ships you have. And everyone will have the same amount of fleets.

So i guess it would be attack one big player with 1 big fleet or 3 small players with 3 small fleets for example. Although would be more battle with more fleets and hence take a bit longer to tick, i dont think it would be a huge problem tho.

However, i am dead against making fleets dedicated to defence or attack. It is the players choice what they would like to do with their fleets. If they attack with all 3 and so cant set the ships left at base on prelaunch when they get attacked thats their risk. Or if they def with all three fleets they dont get roids and xp. I dont think forcing players into having to do something with their fleets is a good idea. And what about the solo players who aren't in an ally, you essentially reduce thier fleets to 2.

Also having a dedicated ingal def fleet??? What??? Definately not, simply for the reason of if you are in a crappy gal which you cant exile out of yet. Or maybe your a purely alliance player.

Just let people do what they want with their fleets. Or we will start to reduce or eliminate certain styles of playing pa. And what a bad galaxy it will be if everyone plays exactly the same way. Its the variety and uncertainty of what is gonna happen next which is what makes pa exciting and keeps people playing. So please dont dedicate fleets, its just silly
Flumps is offline   Reply With Quote