Thread: 3 ideas
View Single Post
Unread 3 Mar 2006, 12:47   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: 3 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I would be in favour of having four fleets, 3 just like they are now and a fourth in-galaxy only fleet, to promote in-galaxy co-operation, harmony and participation. The other three fleets would still be able to attack, defend or fake attack as per the player's choice. Forcing people into attacking and defending isnt really a good move i think, as different races require different strategies - some are more offensively based and others are more defensive, and thus by limiting fleet options kinda screws those races a bit. Further, its takes rougly 2 fleets (plus home fleet) in defence to achieve a decisive victory against every attacking fleet that is launched, and thus by having a 1:1 ratio means that there simply wont be enough defence around in the universe, so again i'm no so sure if that's such a crash hot idea.

Thoughts?
An ingal defence fleets looks fun, add private galaxies to that and it will be even more fun