Thread: The Wild West
View Single Post
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:16   #486
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road
Re: The Wild West

DM's NOTE: Due to the dwindling interest in the thread by the RPers and now myself, I will expedite the ending of the thread, cutting out certain unnecessary events and what not, to give whoever is still playing a sense of closure, and finish the story.

MAD CAT & Other RPers still playing

The lone horseman rides to the center of the town, and he glances at the burning hotel as he rides toward the gallows. Reaching the gallows, he yells loud enough for the whole town to hear.

"Attention all cow hands! Your job here is DONE. You are to leave immediately. The boss will make sure you all receive your wages when the time comes. Until then, we wish to hear nothing more from you, nor see you again until we call for you. Depart at once."

One of the cow hands approaches the stranger and pulls a gun on him. "Well Mr. Loner, I'm afraid we've grown fond of this hapless town, and we decided to make it our own. You go and tell your boss that we're not leaving."

Unveiling his hood, the stranger removes his low slung hat to reveal the well known face of Kenny the Kid. He eyes the gunslingers weapon and smirks. "Have you not heard the tales? Even with that gun drawn I could still outdraw you and at least 5 of your worthless followers before you could fire a single shot. Maybe 6th one would hit me......in the arm if they were lucky. It's happened before you know. But the last gang of cow hands that did end up shooting me ended up being dinner for the coyotes. Now then, unless you feel sorry for those coyotes, you put that away right this second, and get your sorry hides out of this town on the double."

Quickly realizing who he was dealing with, the cow hand nervously calls to the others. "Boys! Pack 'em up! The boss will send us our pay when the time comes. For now, it's back to herding cattle for us!"

As the word gets out that the orders to leave have come from none other than Kenny the Kid, the cowhands begin to pack up and leave in record time. You estimate that at their speed, they should be gone by sundown.

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote