Thread: My parents
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 17:08   #32
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My parents

Just because someone created you does not mean they 'own' you. I believe in ones individuality and right to choose their own path in life.

While it is undeniably true that without the support of your parents you would not be where you are now. However this comes mostly down to a duty of care, it would be negelectful for a parent to do otherwise.

We already have plenty of ways of displaying our appreciation throughout life, mothers & fathers day no less. Your undying love and gratitude should be just reward enough.

You did not spend half your life growing up and becoming a responsible adult to spend the other half caring for someone that has already lived their life in full. You have your own life to get on with too. Maybe this will include propagating children of your own, caring for them in the same way so that they may live their life in full, that's how life works.

Most full grown adults, assuming their parents are even still alive have moved away from home into new areas that limits their ability to maintain contact with their parents on a regular basis. I doubt most of them even consider the welfare of their parents except on special occasions that are traditionaly family orientated (christmas. weddings etc). Some of the more devout people may even phone their parents of a weekend and maintain regular contact, but ultimately they are glad to be independant and living a life away from their parents.

These are just my thoughts on the issue as they've streamed from my mind. I can relate to this one because I am presently dealing with a mother that can't let go of the fact her child is all grown up and independant of her now.