Thread: My parents
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 15:48   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
The fact that X is an indirect cause of people doing Y doesnt mean that they should have any interest in X.
Arguably though, psychological traits which lead to wanting to propogate your genes (if genetically influenced themselves) could have been selected over time, but that's dubious. In either sense, people's motivation to have children is unlikely to be known to them.

I'm not really sure what people mean by "should" though (in this context). You should respect your parents seems an ethical statement (or command), "Individuals should want to propogate their genes" seems to be more of about prediction.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 23 Oct 2006 at 16:12.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote