Thread: My parents
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 07:07   #20
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: My parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Ultimately the treatment of the elderley is a question which will become of the utmost importance. Historically the numbers of old people seems to have been such that they were supportable by either families or welfare states or whatever. It's not clear given that both institutions are in decline (or transformation) how these things will be paid for (especially if increases in life expectancy continue).

Considering this from the pov of society; it always has been a question of upmost importance. The welfare state and government policies as far as im aware aren't constructed on a historical basis - ie you do whats best for you at this moment in time - there is no such thing as generational debt, especially if you're talking about something before i (or we) were born. WWII wasn't fought for our benefit, any 'debt' that may exist can only be taken from the point of our births, but even then im not sure why i 'owe' anyone of a certain age anything.