View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 15:20   #32
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: NK performs successful nuclear weapon test; World: "uh oh"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i would say that out of all the countries in the world currently to have nuclear weapons, NK are the most likely to use them
And the most likely to sell them, given that weapons are pretty much their only cash crop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
What would be the point? NK fires on Tokyo, the American's retaliate immediately and NK doesn't exist anymore.
That's true in the short term, but as NK perfects their long range missile technology that equation will change. Would the US risk Los Angeles to avenge Tokyo or Seoul? I honestly don't know the answer to that question and I strongly suspect the Japanese, South Koreans and North Koreans don't know the answer either. Thus, I think South Korea and Japan will want to have their own nuclear weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
South Korea aren't stupid enough to put enough of their budget into the creation of nuclear weapons.
South Korea has the 10th largest economy in the world. Funding a nuclear weapons program would be no problem for them whatsoever (and even less so for Japan ofc). I expect both South Korea and Japan will announce additional defense appropriations soon anyway (as they've done for previous NK provocations). Even if they don't go nuclear, they'll still continue (if not accelerate) ramping up their conventional forces. A stronger Japan will undoubtably worry China and other asian countries who remember WWII, and they will feel pressure to increase their military spending. Arms race ahoy.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote