View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 00:42   #22
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Rape: should liers lose the right to anonymity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Refering to the real life incident I just elaborated, what do you think are the victim's rights after he's been dragged to court, humiliated, and possibly mutilated by tabloids because of what - false accusations? As much as I despise people who commit such acts, and as much as I feel the rapists need to made responsible for their crimes - I also believe that there needs to be enhanced anonymity protection until the person has been prooven quilty. In modern society, merely being charged of something can stigmatize you for good.
I think he should sue the tabloids, and perhaps the girl, for the damage they caused
I don't know if he has the right to do that in the UK, but they should pay for the damage they caused in cash imo

Last edited by Alessio; 17 Jan 2007 at 00:57.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote