View Single Post
Unread 16 Jan 2007, 11:58   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rape: should liers lose the right to anonymity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
If the accuser brings about a case maliciously and fraudulently with the intent to destroy the other persons life - then they should be named and shamed when their case is dismissed

This is an interesting point, again, there's been a lot of debate. I totally agree here, and I think a lot of what you say should be implemented into the crime law system at large. The mere fact of being accused of something is often enough to place a permanent red spot on you, especially if you're a public person. A Finnish right-wing politician recently was on trial for pimping, blackmail, threatening, and assault on his wife. The wife was the person pressing charges.

He was found not quilty of the crimes he was accused of, yet we can pretty much say the charges in conjunction with the tabloid mags really ruined a lot of his run for a parliament seat. This said, the next elections are in April, and this a lot happened in November-December or so. Before someone inserts a witty remark regarding tabloids and the fact that mainly idiots believe in what tabloids say, I'd like to say that it's those same idiots who cast votes in elections. In this case, the wife, should really be charged of slander, among with the tabloids, and perhaps loaded a truckfull of horse shit on. Well, I suppose that's the price you pay for having a dodgy (girlfriend or) wife in the modern society.

What comes to rapes, the current setup is often that charges may be pressed merely based on what a woman claims, without further evidence. I'm not saying that all women who claim to have been raped haven't, but I think there's a lot of people there who just have the hormones running on a gear too high, and collect a variety of bitterness to throw on someone. Regarding the quote on the original post. False allegiations are a serious thing, and may ruin a lot for an innocent person once the tabloids get involved. People who throw out false accusations in such serious issues as rape deserve to be DNA-banked, even though that sounds like such a mild punishment for it.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote