View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2007, 01:48   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rape: should liers lose the right to anonymity?

The problem lies in the fact that so few of those men who are charged of rape actually get convicted of the offence. The burden of proof is beyond reasonable doubt and in most cases you cant edge it past reasonable doubt especially as its usually someone the woman knows or is at some drunken bar etc.

As such if you removed the anonymity and a girl who accused someone of rape (and was infact telling the truth) but was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was infact telling the truth.....she would therefore suffer the same social ostrisization that the male normally incurrs.

Also the amount of women who do come forward and report rape would drop. Ive come into contact with the police regards rape before (no it wasnt me before you all go lol lol lol). A friend was basically drugged. Dragged off into the toilets at a club. She cant remember anything. When she staggered into my flat at 2am and acted really really 'odd' (i know what shes like drunk and she wasnt *just* drunk) I phoned NHS direct with the symptoms and asked what to do. They told us to contact the police and gave us instructions as to what to do with her. She got carted off to hospital for the night for checks. However when the police turned up and we said 'we think it might be daterape or something of that sort' I couldnt believe the complete hostility to the suggestion. She was asked questions that basically amounted to "look stop lying to us. We know you drank and you are a pretty girl so dont bullshit us. Just stop the charade so everyone can go home". It pissed me off immensly and made me realise why so few women do actually decide to start criminal proceedings. The system is setup to actively dissuade women as its such a difficult thing to prove in 99% of cases.

I do think that in the case of rape and other sexual offences against the person both parties should remain anonymous and unreported until the trial has concluded or a plea of guilty has been entered. Even being accused of 'alleged rape' is enough to destroy someones life and I dont think either the male or female should have to go through the ordeal of public humiliation and charachter assasination.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote