View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2007, 11:04   #39
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R 22 Construction/Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
That would not be the case,
Indeed - i didnt 'play' the beta, and talking with kal/cin atm i'm now beginning to see the problems involved.

The idea i had - whereby when you hit the order ships button a snapshot of your factories/population is taken, which then results in a predicted time which then stays fixed for the whole order (eg, not making production dynamic once the button has been pushed) kinda falls apart, as Kal mentioned that you could just set population to full on ships, order (snapshot taken), then instantly switch it elsewhere for no loss.

Perhaps if it just took a snapshot of your current numbers of factories, and left population as an ongoing variable? That way, factory losses due to SKs (or covert ops, heh) and/or gains from new constructions finishing wouldnt alter the expected eta of your ships. However, altering your population settings would. As such, if you lost a whole bunch of factories, it wouldnt affect ongoing orders, only new orders - but changing your population settings would alter both.

How does that sound?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote