View Single Post
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 23:32   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Make the manual a Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
The manual is supposed to be a quality reference guide for players
But it isn't.

Quote:
if you allow anyone to edit it then there is a slight risk that someone may vandalise it - even putting in a wrong formula to **** people up.
And I could take one of my kitchen knives and go on a killing spree. Obviously ktichen knives are a bad idea.

Quote:
Although I'm saying it's a stupid idea, it might be worthwhile giving some more people who know the game well some access to edit the existing manual. It badly needs an overhaul and I don't see any of the existing staff working on it much.
No, that's a terrible idea, for obvious reasons*.

That said I would recommend against using wiki that looks like a wiki. Keep the current style sheet! Make the wiki non-intrusive, just a little tiny link 'improve this page' or something.

* Obvious in the sense that this is the status quo and the status quo sucks.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote