View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2009, 23:47   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Some further observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
I played rounds 1-5 then returned in round 16. Things weren't THAT hard to pick up once you set your mind to it. If people want to play the game they'll learn.

While i'm not criticising your opinions kal, a lot of them seem to be based on how the game used to be. "lets bring that back, that used to be a good idea" sort of thing. I might be misinterpreting what you're saying though. If i am i apologise.

Obviously i'm in F-crew and we see a lot of people come and go each round. Many have played previous rounds and a common question is "what happened to PDS?". I suppose the game seems normal to people who never stopped playing it because of the constant change, and people who have taken many rounds out might be intimidated by the large differences. But revisiting old methods and functions seems like taking a step back.

I can see your concern regarding planets getting wiped out through multiple waves though and we reiterate to our recruits the prelaunch function and the "ships are more important than roids" philosophy and i agree this isn't made apparent enough in the build up to end of protection.

My apologies for waffling but thought i'd share some experiences I've had with people in the same boat as you.
Thanks for your interesting reply. I certainly didn't mean to make out that the old way of doing things was better. I was really reflecting on the times when I was a BC. Back in thoose days we tended to hit multiple galaxies rather than wave one galaxy. The only time we did waving was during alliance wars. The only real reason I brought up multi tick attack/defence was that it felt like it was around the time of that change that the trend moved more towards waving.

Also my main concern isn't about what happens once a player has got into an alliance - the key thing here is allowing players to stay interested and survive long enough to actually join an alliance.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote