View Single Post
Unread 6 May 2009, 23:44   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Some further observations

Mzyxptlk,

thanks for an interesting reply. I agree with you that multi wave attacks are needed to hit the decent alliances. however they absolutely kill the less decent alliances (ironically the less decent alliances also use multi-wave attacks).

There are ways the advantages of multi wave attacks could be reduced through game mechanics (I'd still suggest multi-tick attacks might be one way, as fleets are held up for longer so players might not be able to launch fleets every night).

However, if the advantages of multi-wave attacks were reduced, would this lead to more stagnation among the top alliances and therefore less interesting rounds for the active players?

On the piggying front, perhaps the solution here is to have huge numbers of bot planets of various "skill" levels to reduce the probability of alliances picking the same targets. As an interesting connection to the point on multi-waves - I'm wondering what impact an end to multi-wave attacks would have on piggying.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote