View Single Post
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:47   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Yahoo, Microsoft and China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The BBC had the same story and said that Yahoo declined to comment. Now this could be because they still had a gun to their head, or it could simply be they had no real defence of their actions.

Also, it depends what you mean by "coerced". If Yahoo were under the equivalent of a court-order then this would be understandable - but I am sure they could say that.

Some people would say the latter would be at least be principled.
I suspect that Yahoo will have had very little choice between revealing the information and being kicked out of China. Granted they may have been under a court order and may have been coerced, but ultimately they could have just completely ignored it and announced to the world what China was trying to force them to do. In any case, I can't see how the motive behind what they have done is anything other than profit.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote