View Single Post
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 15:39   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Personality Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Myers-Briggs is nonsense, but whats more interesting is the way that people continue to participate in these tests even when they dont believe the results are especially meaningful. Its kind of like horoscopes I guess; noone actually thinks they have real validity, but many people enjoy reading them anyway because its 'fun' (I suppose you can put voting in political elections into the same category)
I don't disagree, but I think you'll find those people are driven to try anyway to see how they match up against their fellow man. The interpretation of the results may be bogus, but two people getting the same result could potentially indicate that they share simular interests or qualities as one another.

I find the same phenomenon occurs in a group of people watching a game show (which I equally detest). They wont be winning any prizes or large somes of money from participating in the game show, yet they feel compelled to shout out answers at the TV set and compare quiz notes all the same.