View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 23:43   #75
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Re: Halo

Rockslide
Crazy, Barbarossa, Hewitt

The covanent split in two and run towards the rocky area, marines from the top of the hill scatter them with rifle fire until they're covered, at which point Anderson and the Sarge call down the rest of you into one pack defending this clearing in the boulder debris, mostly surrounded by thick stone, but multiple entry points are possibly, covanent could and probably will come from anywhere. The marines fall into an outward facing circle covering all the flanks, waiting for the aliens.

Grunt: Humans!!

The first of them arrive as expected, scouting you out among the huge rockslide. Mendoza is in line with the first to appear, tearing the two grunts appart with a thick hail, Dias turns to add suppressing fire. 120 degrees around the squad of marines, Griff and Simmons are suddenly faced with a large contingent of grunts.

Dropship - Pelican Golf 3 13
Adam

Flight Lieutenant: I'm getting as close as I can here, there's no time to offload any reloads for the guys down there, but take what you can and run, I'll lower you down on the next fly by.

The covanent dropships returning to their own ship, the Pelican is more free to maneouver, it can't land, but can get you close enough to the ground, for you and the marines to get out, the supplies will have to wait until the area is clear, and it can land properly. The pilot sets in behind the rocks, at the top of the hill, you can see the Covanent approaching on a group of marines several metres down.

Pelicans can hover on their thrusters, they don't have any winches to my knowledge, not that I want to implement at the moment, but you're close enough to the ground not to break your legs or stuff like that.

Flight Lieutenant: Take the fight too'em men.

Structure Defence
Aglarzir, Fluffie, Mad cat

The first Elite, barrels backwards in a fountain of blood, purple liquid spews forth across the grass as the corpse slumps and twists back on itself.

Grunt: He got the eleet~~

A moment of disarray suddenly spreads across the grunt ranks, several turn and run tail across your line off fire, towards a group of trees, giving away the location of the second Elite, a roar echoes back across the battle field and the remaining Grunts manage to return fire, green plasma streaks towards your lines, impacting on your cover, singing it, while other shots, burn over head.

Tex and her cohort, press the advantage on the far flank, tearing down a line of Grunts, and bringing the marine range up on the Elite's side. Stragglers area appearing over the hill, but it looks like it won't take much to finish these last half douzen Grunts and their Elite.