View Single Post
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 17:06   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: If Chimps are People too...

I was going to respond in an "orf-the-warl" and "wacké" manner, but then I couldn't think of anything interesting to post so I just gave short minor rebuttals to some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
BUT THEY LOOK JUST LIKE YOU AND ME YOU PSYCHOPATH
HAVEN'T YOU SEE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA OR BLADE RUNNER? YAAAAGH

Quote:
i.e. why is your value system binary?
At a very basic level, surely all value systems are binary in some sense? If you treat Group A with the response X, and noone else, then surely the group A' must be X', by simple logic. Binary, even if the groups are of the size of an individual.

Quote:
not really. i wouldn't draw that particular line anywhere. it would depend on the mental state of each "entity" being tested on as well as what's being tested and the possible outcomes (in terms of productive research aswell as suffering for the "entity") and probably a whole host of other things that aren't on the top of my head right now.
I don't draw that line anywhere, I draw it here? If you distinguish between individuals based, either exclusively or not, on cognitive ability (in any sense) then you are... distinguishing between individuals based upon cognitive ability.

As I said before, I haven't been convinced that the actions of most species of animal aren't any great step up from the actions of individual genes, in terms of ensuring their own survival.

Quote:
i'll reply to you tommorow jakiri, or whenever i'm next pumping iron IN YOUR FACE!
I pump iron in my own face quite enough, thank you.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote